Thursday, September 8, 2011

First!!!1!

This is me.

I wish this was on my driver's license


(Oh yeah, did I mention there was going to be adult content on this blog?)  If you have a problem with the eff-word, you ought to...not read this.  I'm generally an intelligent, humorous, sarcastic person, and this will probably reflect that.  However, parts of this will probably not be terribly pleasant and I have the mouth of a sailor on a good day.  On a bad day...well, like I said, no one's forcing you to read this.  This is in no way meant to be a professional representation of me or my career.  If you want that, I'm happy to give it to you, but not here.  E-mail me, we can talk (write?).

I'm writing this first part about a week before I leave Boulder.  I figured this would document some of the funny, weird, terrible but hopefully interesting stuff I find.  It will probably get mundane fast, or I'll get too busy fast, but this seems like kind of a fun exercise.

I've written my whole life.  I can't really remember being illiterate, nor can I remember not trying to put a story together.  99.999% of it has been absolute shit, but growing up, it was one of the best ways I could express myself and let my imagination run wild.  This continued through high school (I even had a brief stint as a paid journalist), but it kind of fizzled out in college.  I guess I didn't have much to say.

However, when I was in Austria the first time, I wanted to write again.  I don't know why I didn't, except for stupid sappy bullshit. Think total clusterfuck--I was there when the damn volcano blew, didn't know when I was going home and consequently graduated in a complete jet-lagged haze.  It was fun.  I mean, it was a hell of an experience, but for the first time, I had something to write about that was awesome and funny.  I might revisit some of that in a bit, but we'll start with the basics.

I'm moving here:

my life is obviously going to be hard

Yeah, this is ugly.  Nothing to see here.

I'm going to pursue a Master's and Ph.D. in physics.
I leave 15 Sept for Philadelphia.  I watch my cousin Alice get married.  I leave 19 Sept for Munich, landing early on the 20th.  From there, my father, his girlfriend Deedy and I will travel by train to Innsbruck. They will have a lovely vacation that should involve buying me a lot of beer, then they will leave on some sightseeing, returning at some point to the U.S.
Meanwhile, it's the first day of the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. You make it pretty easy for me to stalk you, but it was a hell of a lot easier when you never left my side...

    ReplyDelete